Monday, November 3, 2008

Equal rights for all!


I never thought I would follow the political leanings of a guinea pig, yet I find myself doing just that. Our neighbors keep this particular pet on their front lawn in the above makeshift cage and have used his/her home to declare their opinion on Prop 8. I'm not sure what the guinea pigs sexual preference is, but it should be happy that if it turns out to be gay, its owners will let him/her couple with whomever he/she would like. All I ask is that they move the cage to the backyard for that part of the program.

Y'all better be voting tomorrow. Depending on how things turn out, some of you over there in the UK might find me on your doorstep by the end of the week. Do you take dogs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Gordon Brown isn't much better than Bush, albeit slightly better edumacated, (but is currently in the midst of running up gobs of debt, just like old Georgie Boy), so I'd choose somewhere else as your bolt hole, at least for now. (That said, the pound is low against the dollar for a change, and house prices are down by approx' 40%, so you could grab a nice bargain house-wise). However, if you need somewhere to crash over there, I'm sure we could persuade one of my numerous relatives who'd be willing to accommodate a political refugee (well 3 including Marc and Kylie) from the US. (New Zealand is looking good for us if McCheney gets in.) I was pondering the prospect of if it goes to hell in a hand basket after 6 months of McCain/Palin (God forbid), and concluded our house here will probably turn into something of a compound for local refugees too.... What a nice prospect.