Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's just that kind of week

Hey all! It's almost the end of the week! Woooooo! So, I’ve been spending the last few days writing some crap over here. Crap that you will never see because of that lovely button that says “DELETE” on it. Because why keep that kind of thing? What if I died, suddenly, and someone came in, all CSI like (hopefully without the stupid David Caruso puns) and said “SWEEP HER HARD DRIVE!” And then they would come across this saved drivel and say, with a gasp, “SHE CALLED HERSELF A WRITER?” And that would never do. I don’t need to live in fear of “TOTAL HACK” being carved onto my tombstone.

So besides panicking over my lack of brain content, which leads to wallowing in self-loathing and doubt, wondering why I ever considered myself someone who could write, all is well! Eventually, I’ll come up with some better crap. Something that can be edited for human consumption without needing a warning, such as “BEWARE OF DANGLING PARTICIPLES.”

For now, however, I’m going to head out for a run. Let’s hope there’s some inspiration in the air, people, because my well done dried up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why is it when I hear "DANGLING PARTICIPLES", I'm really glad I'm wearing boxer briefs?

I'm thinking it's because I'm definitely NOT a writer.