Friday, November 21, 2008

Off with your head! Or hair...whatever...

I survived! My hair has been chopped off and I didn't bleed to death, or start speaking in tongues or fall to the floor and rend my garments. I know that this qualifies as TERRIBLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION, but since you read this blog, you had to know I would do a follow up to yesterdays entry.

My stylist actually did ask if I needed a shot of tequila before she cut off my pony tail. How awesome is THAT? I asked if she was kidding and she said no, that she had a shot glass and liquor at ready for big moments like this. If I ever move away and have to find someone new to cut my hair, this will be a requirement: do you have a wet bar hidden somewhere in the salon for hair emergencies? Because you SHOULD. A woman, sitting in the waiting area, yelled "HOLY SHIT!" as my stylist made the first snip - SHE could have used a shot. See? Everyone wins when there's alcohol involved!

I floated out of there feeling infinitely lighter and more like myself. I also got asked out twice at the grocery store (which is where I always get asked out...why? I don't know. It must be the way I fondle the vegetables) and ran into two people I know who immediately said "YOU LOOK SO MUCH BETTER WITH SHORT HAIR!" I didn't realize I had been wandering around all hag like for the past four years, but thank you!

So all is well. My pony tail will be sent off to Locks of Love and made into a wig for a child that is going through cancer treatment, and the photo above is of me, newly shorn, apparently eating my fist. Tyra would not be happy, since I've completely lost my neck, but she can just suck it. A whiz at self-photography I am not, but I'm very adept at tequila drinking, which I'm off to do. Happy Friday, bishes!

In honor of Jensen Barrett

6 comments:

Anglewood said...

Gorgeous! It looks beautiful, though I would have taken that shot anyhow if I were you! You should be feeling as great as you look...

Anonymous said...

I think you look FAB! You always look model perfect to me. What does the big guy think of it ? That would be the big question!

Anonymous said...

well, I guess it's less "little boy" and more "little skate rat"... btt then, I'm not known for my love of the short...

Anonymous said...

how 'bout a pic w/ some decolletage?!

Anonymous said...

Very stylish in a Veronica Lake peekaboo kinda way. Tres chic! But I'm very jealous that you have a stylist that offers alcoholic libations! Just one more benefit of actually having hair to cut I suppose. Talk about adding insult to injury. And not one but two propositions? If I were you, I'd call in sick today and go from Safeway to Albertson's to Lucky's and rack up the accolades all day long.

Andrejka said...

Quite impressed with the self portrait. . . looks fab!!