Friday, August 15, 2008

Mild? No.

Why is it, that when I order a burrito, the burrito makers ALWAYS reach for the mild salsa and I have to go "NO NO NO NO...I want the HOT salsa, please!" before they defile my meal with that flavorless swill? Do they look at me and think "The blond gringa cannot handle the HEAT. Give her the salsa fresca!"

I take offense to this, as it happens without fail, each time I eat out at a burrito bar. My less fair friends get at least a pause and a raised eyebrow from the person behind the counter when it comes to salsa choice, not the automatic dive towards what amounts to some tomatoes and onions with a little cilantro thrown in. Seriously. I don't hand people from Mexico a jalapeno on sight. I expect the same respect in regards to my palate.

Heat me up, bitches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You poor girl. Sorry life is so rough for you :P