Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Dear Rod,

See, I DO listen when people request that they get their very own birthday shout out on my blog.

I was thinking back to last summer when we all went to see Kathy Griffin and met prior to the show at the Basin for drinks. Remember how Tessa, Angie and I were all ogling that cute waiter?...on the sly, mind you. You walked in and said something to the tune of "SWEET JESUS, WHO IS THAT?" We tried to shush you and explain that we had spent the past half hour laying down tracks of subtle flirting and innuendo. And then he came over to bring our drinks and you, not so subtly, said "ARE YOU SINGLE? WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME JOIN US? YOU'RE REALLY CUTE!" and as he laughed and walked away, blushing, you turned to us and stage whispered "OH MY GOD HE IS SO HOT."

I fell in love with you a little bit, right then.

Happy birthday, my friend. Can't wait to celebrate with you, live.

J.

4 comments:

Andrejka said...

Oh my goodness do you make me laugh!! I miss you my friends. . . we really do need to catch up very very soon . . .(BTW .. . I expect a Bday shout out too) ;)

Love you!
A

Squiddo said...

Rod is a funny man.

Ang said...

the funniest thing is not just the memory spilling back into my mind. it's the fact that you used the word 'whisper' and rod in the same post. now that's comedy.

Anonymous said...

I know, what can I say, subtlety is overrated. Don't 'ya think? And Angie, don't make fun of my birth defect! I come from a long line of people who are incapable of whispering. It was bred out of our DNA hundreds of years ago.