Thursday, May 1, 2008

One of the many reasons kids rule...

I FINALLY got my hair cut today (and the cut is quite fetching, I must say). Sitting at the next station were a mother and her 6 year old daughter...she was SO CUTE I wanted to nibble on her arm (the girl...not her mother). I resisted, and instead enjoyed this little conversation she had with her mother. Keep in mind the girl was definitely using her OUTSIDE voice...as in, she was talking REALLY LOUDLY so that everyone in the salon could hear the following exchange:

"Mommy? How old were you when you started swearing?"
"Um...why do you ask?" (the mother was clearly startled).
"Well, you're REALLY good at it...you use SHIT a lot...I just wondered when I could start talking like that?"

The mom just sat there with her mouth open...and turning a pretty awesome shade of crimson.

Neat! Reason #198 to have children...they keep you humble. At least she didn't drop an F-bomb.

No comments: