Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bossima

Today, one of my male clients was being sort of a baby about his abdominal work. So I did what I usually do when this problem crops up - I verbally abused him. Some people might call this sadistic…I call it motivating!

“SERIOUSLY? Are you going to cry like a little schoolgirl over abdominal work? Don’t be such a pussy.” At which he looked up at me (while starting in on the offending crunches) and said “God, you’re so mean. What’s wrong with you?”

I thought about that for a bit, and the only thing I could come up with is “Well, I’m half German. I blame my heritage. However, my cruelty ensures your washboard abs. So really, you should really stop whining. It’s not attractive.”

“True, but sometimes I want to hit you, just a tiny bit.”

“Which is why I work you out so hard that you can’t. See, I’m mean AND smarter than you are. So suck it!”

Later, I heard someone at the studio whisper “I just heard Jen tell someone to suck it…I wish I could do that at work!”

And I thought, you know, I’m so lucky. I’m come from a long line of fiercely bossy women and the fact that I’ve made a career out of telling people what to do brings me endless joy. I get to make statements such as “LISTEN TO EVERYTHING THAT I SAY AND BE QUIET.” And they DO! And it works! And sometimes they bring me gifts! I can’t think of many other vocations in which this type of complete obedience occurs.

I’m never going to quit…I think anything else would be a huge disappointment, not to mention a reality check. If I had someone stop me mid-thought and give me a contrary opinion, I would probably stare at them in shock and then command them to drop and give me twenty.

I wonder what sort of human resources violation that would be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up!!?? I'm in. I want to boss men around -- that's hawt!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. I'm happy to confess that as one of your clients I have never had you tell me to "suck it" yet. That may soon change with the new boot camp routine and my new partner who let's you know EXACTLY what she thinks of it!

I love it! You're the only person in this world I'd be okay with telling me to "suck it".