Thursday, July 24, 2008

Overheard

So today, I was at Peet's getting coffee because I have endured a terrible week of deadlines and insomnia and decided to break my caffeine fast. A young girl and boy, clearly in that awkward stage of liking each other but expressing it via too much arm touching and hair flipping, were sitting at the table next to me, the boy talking in hushed tones...

"You know, there is something about your aura...I don't know, my aura responds to your aura...(long pause)...it's like our auras are FRIENDS, you know?"

Which is when my coffee involuntarily came out through my nose (which isn't comfortable, by the way). I wish I had had the courage to lean over and tell him that his aura was also, in fact, cracking my aura up, but it might have wrecked the mood he was trying to create. Pure awesome. I'll bet he totally got to second base with that shit.

2 comments:

Squiddo said...

Second base.....bah what is that? I bet all he got was a little, over the sweater action.

Squiddo said...

don't get me wrong...some nights I'd settle for that.