Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Food Orgasms

So, with all of the party planning that had taken over my life last week, I suggested to Mindi that we spend some of Saturday just bumming around San Francisco before getting ready for that evenings festivities. I woo’d her with promises of lunch and shopping on Union Street in exchange for her coming with me to pick up the cupcakes for that evening’s dessert. You see, you have to pay to play. It’s how I roll.

So after fortifying ourselves with wine and lunch, we strolled through the surrounding boutiques and looked at the cute men who were out by the dozen. And in this part of town they were most certainly NOT gay, which was a great relief to Mindi who likes to know that there might be positive results to her flirting. She only stopped gawking long enough to buy some shoes that were calling her with some persistence from a shop window (and one must heed those types of summons, otherwise the shoe gods get angry and send you bunions).

After a while, we realized we needed to get serious about picking up the cupcakes and so doubled back to the bakery. I warned Mindi as we approached that she might soon be in for a religious experience, since I’m certain that if we were really a nation under God that cupcakes would be considered a food group. Mindi was skeptical, but then I shoved a Red Velvet cake into her mouth, and the orgasmic moan that escaped her lips was something to behold. She handed over the cupcake to me, being so kind as to share, and SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS was it good. We sat there in silence for a moment, chewing and contemplating whether a constant supply of Red Velvet would merit giving up, say, sex, for a while. Not quite, but almost.

Mindi flapped her hand at me, indicating that she was ready for another bite, so I handed her over what was left and she shoved the remains into her mouth, letting out another “MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh…” that went on for a while. At just that moment, a Buddhist monk walked by and laughed appreciatively at Mindi’s bliss over the cupcake. Had he not been swathed in robes, which made his progress down the sidewalk a bit tricky, I think he would have given her a high-five.

You see, HE understood…Buddhist approved! I’ll bet cupcakes are a food group in Tibet.

1 comment:

Ang said...

you're a monk magnet! those cupcakes were amazing!