Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lemon gelato is merely a palate cleanser

As one would imagine, the most popular question I've been asked over the past two weeks is "HOW WAS ITALY?" (rainy, humid, but a lot of fun) followed by "DID YOU EAT A LOT OF GELATO?" It must be obvious that yes, I DID eat a lot of gelato. A LOT. And we unfortunately have a plethora of evidence to back up that fact, because most photographs of me look something like this:



But, sweet god, it was so good...I only partially regret indulging. And my partial regret comes from the fact that my pants might be a WEE bit too tight still. But that's why God created elastic.

I'm so sexy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, that's what a vacation is for. Eating without regret until AFTER you go home. This is what I keep telling myself every day as I make up reasons to go to Lappert's Ice Cream. You see, their Pineapple Coconut ice cream results in food orgasms ala velvet cupcakes. Chris *HATES* coconut, and still orders it. Yesterday, I thought I would order 2 pints as a cost saving measure. It was only $16, and worth every penny. I will bring you some home, but it might melt so I'll only eat the melted part on the plane. FWIW, after reading your post about the cupcakes I was totally pissed that I didn't rally and meet up with you for drinks that night. They were of course all gone by the bar part, right?