Sunday, April 20, 2008

Take me on, baby...

As a child of the 80’s, I have a complete and utter love for the happy pop music that accompanied my generation through grade/middle/high school. More specifically, I would like to speak of the awesomeness that is “Take On Me” by a-ha. The song remains firmly lodged in my own personal Top 10…I know, I know, I shouldn’t admit that. But if a song can get me moving each time I hear it, then those of you who are sitting there in judgment thinking “REALLY? Take On Me?” can just suck it. Have you SEEN that video? Genius.

So the other day at work, a-ha came on my iPod (and wouldn’t you know it? everyone in the studio just perked right up!). John yelled out from the front “Take On Me? I LOVE this song!” to which I replied “I KNOW! How hot was Morten Harket in this video?”

…which we of course immediately had to look up on YouTube. I highly suggest watching it since everyone needs a treat on a Monday - you'll thank me later. It’s as riveting now as it was then…plus MALL BANGS!



John, still unconvinced of Morten’s hotness, needed more evidence, and so a Google search ensued, which brought up sufficient photographic proof. However, I went too deep, and came across this little tidbit which has been causing me some distress:




It’s as though the photographer caught Morten in a moment when he was turning to Wardrobe and asking “Are you SURE these jeans don’t make my butt look big?” And they do, Morten, they do. Also flat. And how long is the rise on those suckers, because I’m pretty sure they’re almost up under your armpits and it’s taking away from your sexy. Seeing a childhood crush take on such a female stance – and one that we do only if trying to interest the opposite sex or to check for visible panty lines – has really thrown me for a loop. Nothing that a mojito won’t solve, I’m sure…I should send my bar tab to Google who by making it so easy to find information has also tarnished the perfect image I had in my head. See, if we were back in the 80’s I wouldn’t have had such access and could just watch the music video over and over again on my VCR…

No comments: