Thursday, April 24, 2008

I need an (also)...

The other night I was on my way to pick up Angie for dinner at got stopped at a random light on Homestead Road. Normally, this would not be of consequence, but Homestead is filled with random, little strip malls and I have this weird fascination with them. How do all of these businesses stay afloat? For instance, in one mall you can buy suspect looking Chinese food, a mattress and a hot tub (not all in one store, mind you) - one stop shopping! Are they money-laundering fronts for the seedy underbelly of Cupertino? I need to know.

Anyways, at this particular light, I was across from a little mall that had a fresh, grand opening sign fluttering in the evening breeze, festooned with balloons and streamers. They were clearly excited…as was I, after I read the sign:

JOHN MASTERS NATURAL SKINCARE
(also, Certified Public Accountant)

I mean, how brilliant is THAT? I know my crows feet take on further depth and length during tax season, so how great would it be, during the stress of finding out how much you owe Uncle Sam to then get a facial, or perhaps a shot of botox? I can just see John wielding my income tax report and a needle “You owe $5k…oooo…hold that frown….aaaaaand….gotcha!” Done! What genius business co-mingling! It would wear off just in time to file your next quarterlies!

I drove off after the light turned green, jealous that my business card doesn’t have an “also” as well…but what would it be?

JENNIFER, CERTIFIED PILATES INSTRUCTOR
(also, General-Know-It-All)

Not quite the same.

No comments: