Monday, April 21, 2008

Just like the rest of us...

So this weekend I had the pleasure of seeing the Annie Leibovitz exhibition at the Legion of Honor in San Francisco (which, if you live in the area, is a must see). Anyhoo, I wandered in and was immediately met with a nude portrait of Cindy Crawford, circa early 1990’s. What struck me wasn’t her flat stomach, lovely face or boobs. It was her thighs. Which were not skinny. They were, in fact, probably large by modeling standards. I was so excited by this, by the startling normalcy of the photo that I turned to the woman next to me and exclaimed, “LOOK! She has THIGHS!” Apparently, I wasn’t the only one as elated as she replied “I know! I haven’t been this excited since Oprah started putting weight back on!”

Pity there was no bar area, as I would have immediately bought this woman a glass of champagne so that we could toast Cindy Crawford’s curvy parts together. Instead, I just walked around the rest of the exhibition with a grin on my face and the visual of Cindy swearing as she tried to pull on tight jeans, sucking it in, just like the rest of us.

I know. My shallowness knows no bounds.

No comments: