Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm so sad...

...someone, some time ago gifted me with post it notes that had the most brilliant saying on the top. You might think that it's an odd gift, but I'm fluent in sarcasm and so the sentiment was very fitting and apt. I've used them judiciously over the past year and the other day was down to the very last one, which was placed on some paperwork to my insurance agent who not only ALWAYS mispronounces my name (even though I've been working with him for four years) but routinely loses my forms, something I've learned to combat by making copies and sending him several at a time...but I digress.

So today, I was irritated by a parking ticket I had to pay (b/c my stupid car was sticking ONE INCH into someones driveway in SF) and was scrambling for my sarcastic sticky notes so that I could include one with some detail on it...and alas! I had forgotten they were gone! But the sentiment isn't...I'm thinking of making it the tagline on my email:

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear intelligent until you hear them speak."

No comments: