Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where was the engineer on a Segway?

On my way to work today, I was behind a sports car. The vanity plate read "SEXU UP" and as I pulled up next to the drivers side I noted that the driver, a man, was of a certain age (over 50) and had a rather youngish, platinum blond passenger who might have just graduated from college. Maybe.

On the way home, I was behind a hybrid. The vanity plate read "EVOLVED" and as I pulled up next to the drivers side I noted that the driver, a man, was probably in his mid 30's wearing dark rimmed glasses and a button up shirt with a sweater vest over it. From the open window I could hear Death Cab for Cutie playing as we waited for the light to turn green.

Somebody let the stereotypes out to play today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY TRUE and good of you to notice. Shall we go into people that have their own name on their plates. A little self "back slapping!"

Anonymous said...

OMG, I alwasy wondered what happened to the guys from Color Me Badd?! Who knew that one of them relocated to the Bay Area?

They were lyrical geniuses! They just don't write songs like that anymore...

Let me take off all your clothes
Disconnect the phone so nobody knows, yea
Let me light a candle so we can make it better
Makin’ love until we drown, dig

Squiddo said...

Rod.....was that from MEMORY???

Ang said...

marc - yes, most likely.

kuz - the answer to your title - "riding around the Infinite Loop" :)

Unknown said...

Yesterday I saw a girl with an assymetrical haircut, leggings, and an ill-fitting neon blouse. She had shutter shades on and was riding a fixed gear bike with brakes. This was in the Mission district.