Monday, September 8, 2008

Re-establishing my cred

What's been playing constantly on my iPod:

This War Is Noise - Sundowner
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
In the New Year - The Walkmen
Being Here - The Stills
Love Song - The Dandy Warhols
The Geeks Were Right - The Faints
Move - CSS
Each Year - Ra Ra Riot
The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem
Untitled - Against Me!
Born & Raised - Fake Problems

Check out Sundowner if you don't know them already - I'm in love with his voice.

Here's to a great week wherein I don't forget to put on important pieces of clothing before I leave the house. I have high hopes, people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm feeling way old and tragically unhip. I perused your list and I didn't recognize ANY of the bands. Not a one.

I didn't really have you pegged as an Alternative or otherwise un-mainstream kinda gal. For example, if MTV actually *played* videos, I can't imagine any of these being aired unless it was at 3am and they kept flashing the toll free number of a suicide prevention line.

Is it just me, or does the Sundowner guy sound like Billie Joe Armstong of Green Day ala "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"?

Squiddo said...

Funny, I know like 1/3 of these. Even funnier than your "coolness" is the fact that anytime I catch you with your music playing, it's always a lip sync to your "urban" roots.