Friday, September 19, 2008

My woo

Let's just say it hasn't been my favorite week. I've sort of hated everyone for the past five days, and though I've been doing an incredible job of hiding it, there are a few people who just almost haven't made it home alive. Don't worry, it will pass.

Yesterday, however, there was a bright spot. A client was in for her usual Pilates session, and somewhere around the 1/2 way mark, during what had thus far been a fairly quiet hour, she popped out this little gem:

Client: "You know what I hate? I hate it when my husband says 'snatch' during sex."
Me (suddenly very alert as things were looking up): "Would you rather he said 'vagina'? That seems sort of clinical."
Client: "Well, no. But there has to be a better word."

So for the next 1/2 hour, we really, earnestly tried to come up with an acceptable term for her privates. One that she could take home and offer up to her husband as an alternative to use during their special time, if you will. My personal favorite was 'woo' which I employ often, myself (not during sex, mind you). Hers was 'my Britney', though we axed that as it would sort of be like inviting the pop star into bed with them. I pointed out that her husband might be into that, but she passed based on the fact that if she was going to verbally cue thoughts of another woman, they'd best not have perkier tits than her own. Good point.

She went home without a solution, since we spent most of our brainstorming session laughing. There are many reasons why I love my job, and being able to say things like "you should call your vagina 'my woo'" without worry of an HR infraction is certainly one of them. Being self employed rules.

8 comments:

Squiddo said...

You just reminded me. I need to come up with a name for my vagina.

Anonymous said...

Marc, didn't you already come up with one in a comment on this very blog? Let's see....hmmmm...I think it was, "couche burger", right?

Kuz, woo? I dunno. That reminds me of a kid mimicking a choo choo train. Or, reminds me of that really bad Jada Pinkett Smith and Tommy Davidson movie from 1998 (look it up on IMDB.com). Did you and your client consider va jay jay? Or maybe poonie?

Unknown said...

nana

Anonymous said...

"nappy dugout"

Anonymous said...

"snappy dugout"

Anonymous said...

"snappy wigwam"

Ang said...

i called mine "teelolly" when i was little. although i would bet it sounds a bit perverse during sex. wait, but isn't that desired? i'm so confused. is this woman referring to it because he doesn't know where to find it? poor dear.

Ang said...

i called mine "teelolly" when i was little. although i would bet it sounds a bit perverse during sex. wait, but isn't that desired? i'm so confused. is this woman referring to it because he doesn't know where to find it? poor dear.