Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Because everyone else is doing it

The Lucky Paw 2008 Quickie List:

Best movies I’ve seen this year: In Bruges and Iron Man

Movies I’m ashamed to say I enjoyed: Transporter I & II. What can I say? JASON STATHAM WAS SHIRTLESS.

Worst movie I’ve seen this year: Wanted

Best book I read this year: Tough call between Disgrace and The Collected Stories of Amy Hempel

Worst Book I read this year: Big Sur by Jack Kerouac. What a blow hard.

Best Music I bought this year: Ra Ra Riot, Kings of Leon, Bloc Party, The Stills, The Walkmen

Songs that never failed to make me happy: Just Dance by Lady GaGa, Elevator by Flo Rida, Revelry by Kings of Leon, Signs by Bloc Party, Face to Face by Daft Punk, Oh, La by Ra Ra Riot

Best Concert I went to this year: Eddie Vedder, acoustic. Amazing. Yes, Rod, he was better than Madonna.

Worst months this year: August/September

Best month this year: June

Biggest, girl crushes this year: Gwyneth Paltrow! I know! I can’t help it! She was so cute in Iron Man! And Tina Fey, who I’m determined to be when I grow up.

Best kiss I’ve received this year: The year ain’t over

Favorite memory of this year: Taking Maren, a friend’s daughter, on walks through the Boboli Gardens in Florence. There is nothing so spectacular as seeing things through the eyes of a child.

I managed to keep all of the resolutions I made this year: Meaning I haven’t robbed any banks, inflicted bodily injury on people who irritated me or woken up in a tequila laden stupor. This is called growth. I’m maturing, people! Hell hath frozen over. I still need to work on my fear of large groups of women, capri pants and my desire to kick people in the loins who always have to work into conversation that they went to an Ivy League school.

In 2009, I’ll work on keeping my nails manicured, my closet organized and eyebrows evenly drawn in. I’ll also try to be less bossy. I’m already exhausted.

Happy Holidays everyone. See you in ought-nine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Water For Elephants was worse than Big Sur, but i can't remember if I read that in Jan this year, or Dec of last year....

And it's two words-- Iron Man
Ms Aupair.

hugs!

xoxo
K

Squiddo said...

Note to Kuz, I see you cleaverly worded this as. "woken up in a tequila laden stupor". Safe in that you called only one particular liquor out.