Tuesday, April 21, 2009

They are also masters at makeup application! Take note!

Exchange overheard at Target between a mother and her 7ish year old son.

Child: "Mommy, what is a transvestite?"
Mom: "A transvestite? It's a man who wears womens clothing and generally has better legs than mommy."
Child: "What? Why does he want to wear womens clothing?"
Mom: "Well, honey. Everyone is different and I guess that's what feels right to some people."
Child: "Huh...when daddy dances around in your clothing, is HE a transvestite?"
Long pause...
Mom: "Wait, WHAT? When does he do that?"

I can imagine the conversation around the dinner table that evening was nothing short of electric. I wish I could have invited myself. I'd have brought a side dish and helped wash up.

3 comments:

Squiddo said...

That reminds me, that frock of yours looks comfy. I'm thinking its perfect for relaxing in front of a good episode of Private Practice with some white zin. My testIcles just shrank by a 1/4 inch. Seriously

Teresa said...

I really need to spend more time at Target...

Rod said...

LMAO. You're the bestest. Share with you another fun kid story. E&C have befriended the two kids across the street. We like the parents as their dad is the first guy on the street that I've encountered that drinks more than me. Don't judge me, it's called "kinship" or "alcoholism"... I always confuse those two words. Anyhoo, the night before the kids were playing hide-and-seek throughout the house while we were emptying all the wine and beer bottles. The next afternoon, I'm minding my own business, and changing into shorts. The next thing I know, the new neighbor children come bounding through the bedroom door. No knocking. No warning. NO PANTS! I quickly throw on my shorts and walk out the door to go explain the situation to the parents, before the local police arrest me for indecent exposure. As I'm walking away the daughter yells, "I JUST SAW YOUR DAD IN HIS UNDERWEAR." I wish I understood why they don't allow their kids to play with ours anymore...