Monday, January 5, 2009

It WAS, however, the one movie in which David Caruso wasn't entirely annoying

I'm limping into the new year. Dribbling, rather. It would appear that I'm carrying on my families tradition of falling sick over the holidays as this is the second year running that somewhere, between Christmas and New Years, I've contracted some sort of virus that has had me wallowing around in feverish disarray wondering what it is that I did to deserve Chills and Nausea as bedmates. They aren't good cuddlers.

But! I've caught up on movies! Did you know that I was the last person standing to have not seen Rambo: First Blood? And LET ME TELL YOU, I've love to have that two hours of my life back. I know, I KNOW, it's one of the cinematic greats, but SERIOUSLY? A guy gets pushed around by some douchebag cops who are obviously on a donut induced power trip and so he decides to light up the entire town? Not to mention the stunning dialogue. I don't know...perhaps I'm too old, now, to appreciate what it once was. I will acknowledge that HOLY CRAP Sly was RIPPED. And nice headband. That will come in handy for the calisthenics you'll have time to do while in prison.

Regardless of the General Malaise, I'm happy to have left 2008 behind. That year bitch slapped me so many times across the face it's shocking I can still see. Which is not to say there were not some good moments - there were. But I feel like I spent most of it gripping onto 2008's ankles, wiping my tears on its sweaty gym socks crying "PLEASE BE NICE TO ME!" Someone needed to teach it some manners. It's satisfying to be able to shut the door in its face and welcome 2009 into the house. Here's to an abundance of blessings and joy on all of you. I'm going to go and do my three laps around the block now, per my mothers orders.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister!

Welcome to 2009. I'm so happy it's here... but what will we do with it? I'm sure we can come up with some great ideas over drinks!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've heard First Blood described as a cinematic great before, although it does have its place and time in movie history.

Squiddo said...

Attn: FB naysayers, suck it.