Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gimme some MALT LIQUOR!

I sometimes wonder if, perhaps, I do not fall into Interventions target demographic. I've been using scenes from the show to boost myself up, an intention I'm sure the producers were not going for.

I'll hear, "Honey, did you forget to pay the AMEX bill?" to which I'll bark back, "Well AT LEAST I'm not following up my methamphetamine injections with a chaser of heroin and malt liquor!!! Can you GET some perspective here? GOD."

Intervention may have hoped to give their viewers understanding and compassion. My take away has been a pretty righteous superiority complex. And who DOESN'T want to work "Malt Liquor!" into conversation at least once a day?

1 comment:

Squiddo said...

It's better if you pronounce it like, "malt licaaaah". Sorta like sandwich is actually, "sammich".

PS, I'm a closet whore for a bottle (or ten) of Mickeys Big Mouth". Ahhh yes, it brings back old memories.