Friday, March 26, 2010

My name is Jen and I'm addicted to iPhone photo applications


I'm posting these for my sister Steph who has been all, "WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE TODAY?" as reveling in a reno not your own is far better than actually experiencing the dust, the annoyance of strangers using your toilet and the spirited exchange of ideas that one has with ones neighbors regarding the piece of plywood that was taking up an INCH of their parking space. One might suggest to that neighbor that shoving said piece of wood in a place where the sun does not shine would solve the problem, but I believe that space is currently occupied by said neighbors head. I am not being Biblical in not showering this particular person with love, but given the hole she tears DAILY in my joie de vivre, I feel justified.

ANYHOO.


What we have here, my friends, is progress. You have to keep in mind that they tore out everything on Wednesday. EVERYTHING. And two days later we have a whole bank of new, shiny cabinets that I'm going to go down and rub my naked body all over. There will be no photos of THAT, mind you. You're welcome.


It IS impressive what they have accomplished in a few short days. I think my threatening to water board them if they weren't done tout suite had something to do with it. It's all in the delivery.

Tomorrow the granite chap comes to measure, I have to go and buy some flooring from the Mensa like people over at Home Depot, we'll get the sink in early next week and then PRESTO! New kitchen!

I've come to the conclusion that going through a renovation is not unlike being stuck on the New Jersey Turnpike. I probably don't even have to go into detail as to how the two compare as anyone who has been been in that situation will nod sagely and then go and weep in a corner. And I realize that we are only three days in and therefore terrible wimps to be complaining about ANYTHING AT ALL. My point is that those of you who do this to an entire house or who attempt to do it yourselves, I admire you.

I also think you're a special sort of crazy. That is all.

1 comment:

Sister two said...

Awwwww....pictures! OK so I made your blog, thank you for letting me live through you and your dollar. It all looks FAB. and I know we will love the dinner you will make for us. Thank you for NOT rubbing your naked body on the part of the counter that will hold my plate!