Sunday, March 28, 2010

I promise, I'll get back to stories that don't include my reno. Soon.

The cabinets are done!  Ponies for everyone!  Today our cabinet people finished the last little bit of work, Marc handed them the final check while I hid in the corner and finished the vermouth.  I had suddenly realized that all of that packing I had done last week needed to be UNPACKED...and put away. The thought made me want to weep into my fists, BUT! There is a new kitchen at the end of all of this, so onward I shall press.

Photos! We are without granite, but that will be coming on Wednesday.


Although even sans granite it's a sight lot better than it was before. Say it with me: NO MORE ORANGE BIRDS! And yes, that is a very large sink. We plan on using it as an extra bath in the event of an onslaught of guests.


I call this, "Stove with Drill and Random Detritus."


I'm going to have to get rid of the pathetic blue drapes. I hung them three years ago as they were preferable to those horrid vertical blinds that hang in every apartment in your 20's. Like many things in my house, I stopped seeing them after a while. But our new kitchen so clearly demands better accessories that I'd best heed the call and take care of that before the cabinets up and leave on account of my poor fabric choices.

And here is what I did this afternoon because I just wasn't ready to face unpacking and it was 70 degrees out and...well...how could I NOT be outside?



Happy dog. Yay.



3 comments:

Squiddo said...

Yikes, I leave and you reach for Vermouth? Sick woman, there are 4 bottles of Hangar One on the shelf.

Teresa said...

I love these! I am living vicariously--as I am not yet adult enough to own my own home and yet I want to indulge in renovations...

Candy said...

YES! Done and DONE! They are truly gorgeous. Nicely chosen. I'll bet they even SMELL nice. Ahhhhhh.....