Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Someone needs to get engaged so that I don't perish from boredom in December.

Back down south I go to help my niece plan her wedding! Did you know that EVERYONE is getting married this year? Well, really only two couples. But it seems like EVERYONE since each week up through November has some sort of wedding related activity assigned to it and doesn’t everyone realize that I need my SLEEP?

The weddings are going to be gorgeous, sweet and emotional (read: OPEN BAR) the way good weddings are supposed to be. But I had forgotten since my own years ago how much work it takes to get the bride down the aisle. Either I was a particularly lazy wedding participant or just drank to forget. It might actually be a combination of the two as evidenced by the album. I’m sitting down a lot with a glass of wine in hand, so draw whatever conclusions you may.

Come my nieces wedding right before Thanksgiving, I know I’ll be tired and probably only have the energy to sob something incoherently into the wedding video. But the next day, once the last table is broken down, the candles put away and I locate whatever pair of shoes I’m sure to lose in the shrubbery, I know I’ll feel glum like you do after Christmas and wonder what it is that I have to look forward to. But in the meantime, it’s good to be surrounded by so many declarations of love.

No comments: