Monday, May 11, 2009

The Yard - Part 3

So you'll note I wasn't very good about posting last week - or this morning, for that matter. It's been a nail biting past few days over here at Lucky Paw HQ. We've been putting the final touches on Phase One of this yard overhaul, and we're coming slowly to the end. May I emphasize slowly. As I type this, there are still men in my backyard. This is Day 7 of what was supposed to be a TWO day project, and they will be back again tomorrow to finish off some peripheral things.

But - LOOK! We now have a PATIO!

Marc spent quite a bit of time scrubbing the furniture and making it look all sparkly and brand new. Pat him on the back when you see him next, won't you?

Isn't it amazing and nice? Say yes. My nerves can't handle any criticism.

It's hard to tell from these photos, but the cement has this lovely, subdued color to it. It looks speckled and white-ish in spots because they have not yet scrubbed off all of the rock salt that they put down to give it a mottled surface. Trust me, it's going to be gorgeous.

I'm still not happy with the path, which we'll muck about with tomorrow in the hopes that we can make it look a little less clunky. It's just me being rather adamant about everything looking just-so and the path not quite having achieved the same appearance that I have floating around in my head. Poor path. It's going to suffer from low self-esteem what with my constant criticizing.

Kylie doesn't quite approve. Note her stance. Marc, however, found that he could do some sweet tricks down the path whilst on his bike. So that's something.


After we've recovered from the financial hurricane that has been these past two weeks, we will begin planting. Or, my mom will. Or, really, my mom will tell me what to buy and then point at places in the yard and some willing souls will dig holes and put the plants where she tells them to. I'm not allowed to participate given my talent for killing things. I'll be banished to the inside where I'll press my nose up against the glass and watch the garden take shape. All while indulging in a glass of wine. Really, who's the winner in that part of the process? That would be me.



1 comment:

Steph. said...

The lovely path seems to be leading into the plant, not the gate.....Hmmmmmm? Can not wait for the first big dinner party with all the candles a glow!

PS. Glad to see you are back ;0)