Saturday, March 21, 2009

If semi-conductors turn you on...


People often raise their eyebrows at me when the find out that I live a scant three miles from the very house I grew up in. Mountain View, in fact, borders Los Altos, which is where I was born and bred. "You still live here?" "Wow...do you not get out much?" "You're a native?" Yes, Depends and Yes. Unusual things for this region which is chaotic in its diversity and plentiful in its transplants. I rarely meet people who are originally from here, though that's one of the things I like most about the Bay Area. That and wide variety of engineers to choose from on any given Saturday night. WOOOooooo! Pocket protectors!

Honestly, though, one of the best things about living here is the ease in which one can escape the urban sprawl and be out, up in the hills, surrounded by nothing. On Friday night, it dawned on me that trail running might be a nice way to start the weekend. Check it out, bishes. Ten minutes from home I get to be on a trail that, if I really tried, I could run to the ocean. I spent my Friday evening enjoying the sun and fresh air. In March. Then I went out, looking for nerds. And this is why I pay almost 10% in sales tax. Eat your hearts out.

No comments: